You know how some entrepreneurs failed at choosing the right company for their website presence?
Some experienced website designers have told me, having different accounts at different companies for domain registration and web hosting purposes is the best thing they have done when planning to publish your website online. Having different accounts enables you to manage your domains and websites easily for you are focusing on one element in each of your account. Furthermore, it also provides you with some kind precaution you need if one of your account is at risk the other won’t get affected.
If you are new to the world of website building and are considering on building your first website, then you’re probably looking for a reputable web hosting service that makes building your own site a piece of cake. You probably also don’t want to spend a lot of money, in case things don’t work out as you plan. If you are a novice to the website development, you probably have no idea whether or not you are able to take advantage of GoDaddy’s discount prices and HostGator’s popular web hosting packages with very useful Hostgator coupon code for 2012. Without this knowledge, you are bound to just use a single company for both domain name registration and web hosting.
Relax. You can use both GoDaddy’s low-priced domain registration as well as HostGator’s web hosting service, no problem. Please read on to learn how. In your previous post, many of us mentioned why Hostgator sucks for domain registration and how Godaddy boulders when it comes to domaining.
Pointing your Godaddy Domain to Hostgator’s Hosting Service
1) Firstly, you need to purchase a hosting plan at HostGator, which involves just filling out a few simple Web forms giving your name, address and payment information. They’ll send you a confirmation email when you finish. Save the email for future reference.
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you have decided that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator promo below.
2) Next you need to create a GoDaddy account. Register your domain. Godaddy will search first if the domain you want to register if it is still available. If available, you can proceed to the checkout section, if not, Godaddy will display related domain names with various domain extensions.
3) Once you have done this, click on “Domains” on the menu bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “My Domains.” The screen will then present you with a list of the domains that you have registered with Go Daddy. Select the domain that you want to use by clicking on it.
4) Select the “Nameservers” option. Click on “Custom nameservers (I host my domains elsewhere).” Find the nameservers information in the email that HostGator has sent to you. It should look something like example.hostgator.com. Enter the details that GoDaddy asks for. Select “OK” to finish things up with Go Daddy.
5) Login to your HostGator account. Add the name of the domain that you registered at Go Daddy via the Add Domain icon that can be found in your control panel. Now you’re ready to build your own HostGator site with your GoDaddy domain name.
For the final step, you have to allow for the domain name to propagate after the DNS change in step four above.